Alpes Lasers SA is a Swiss company specialized in the development and fabrication of advanced light sources in the infrared (IR) spectral range. Our company was founded 20 years ago and was the first company in the world to commercialize Quantum Cascade Lasers (QCLs). These lasers are becoming increasingly important in chemical sensing applications based on IR spectroscopy and in directional infrared countermeasure (DIRCM) applications.
Our company is currently working on the development and launching the production of novel product lines, including high power QCLs, optical frequency comb QCLs, tunable lasers, and various laser systems.
Our company has the privilege of participating to numerous European research projects.
Within the Research and Development team, you will actively participate in the design, fabrication and characterization of prototypes and to the transfer to production of laser products.
If you want to participate to the next breakthrough idea with our company, please send us your resumé and a motivation letter at email@example.com.
Your activities in details:
- Design semiconductor laser sources;
- Collaborate with the production team on the realization of prototypes;
- Characterize and analyze laser sources and systems ;
- Develop and implement manufacturing and characterization procedures;
- Ph.D. Degree, or equivalent research experience, in Physics, Materials or Microtechnology;
- Background in Lasers (preferably semiconductor) and/or Optoelectronics;
- Proficiency in software modeling, and simulation tools ;
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Experience and interest in hands-on laboratory work ;
- At ease with coding, e.g. scripts, python, SQL, mask layout creation, simulators ;
- English level B2